Who we are:
Safety Associates of the South – USA
was formed specifically to provide businesses, organizations, general industry and specific sites with the tools to identify, analyze and mitigate preventable major loss from occurring.
“People with a passion for protecting life and property.”
What we do:
Safety Associates of the South - USA provides professional support to educate and train your business team members in the prevention of major losses in the workplace.
Our proven and validated process, "Preventing Major Losses", enables teams to better understand what causes and how to identify and mitigate the sources of major losses in the workplace including fatalities, permanently disabling injuries and illnesses and major monetary losses from events that occur.
Why we do it:
- 14 workers are killed on average from injuries on the job each day in the U.S.
- 171 workers die, on average, each day from workplace acquired illnesses in the U.S.
- 27 workers are permanently disabled on average from workplace injuries every day in the U.S.
- Over $155 billion per year is the estimated total costs for fatalities and serious work place injuries in the U.S.
Regulatory Compliance It is unfortunate, but full compliance with all regulatory requirements does not necessarily guarantee a safe and injury free work environment.
Major losses: workplace fatalities, permanently disabling injuries/ illnesses and major monetary property losses continue to occur throughout a wide variety of industries, construction, mining and other workplaces.
OSHA’s DRAFT Strategic Plan for FY 2010-2016 includes a specific emphasis on reducing workplace fatalities and permanently disabling injuries and OSHA Administrator Dr. David Michaels began communicating a major paradigm shift for OSHA requiring employers to “find and fix” the hazards in their workplaces in April, 2010 which is now referred to as “I2P2” for Injury and Illness Protection Programs.
The Department of Labor’s Regulatory Agenda narrative for the Spring of 2010 highlights several proposed regulatory and non-regulatory changes to support a new "Plan/ Prevent/ Protect" strategy will require all regulated entities to take steps to ensure safe and secure workplaces and compliance with the law.
What does this mean for your business?
• OSHA, MSHA, other government organizations are stepping up their regulatory requirements, tightening standards and taking strong enforcement actions.
• Accidents or losses that result in workplace fatalities and serious injuries are going to be heavily scrutinized and more thoroughly & rigorously investigated.
• Your business may technically be “in compliance” but you may still be cited for failing to meet possible "Plan/Prevent/Protect" requirements.
Safety Associates of the South - USA offers "Preventing Major Losses" to address these potential failures and protect your employees and property from a major loss.
Copyright Safety Associates of the South - USA, 2013 All rights reserved